Sarmita was born on 16th July, 1992 at Ashokenagar, West Bengal, India. She has started her musical journey at the age of 5 years, being inspired by her mother Smt. Soma Dutta.
She is one of the most versatile singers having God gifted talent over Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Semi-Classical Music, Classical Music, Folk Songs, Bollywood Songs, Bengali and Hindi Adhunik, etc.
- Performer at Zee Bangla Sa Re GA Ma Pa 2017.
- Played back in Ragini (Bengali Movie @ Zee Bangla Originals).
- Worked as a Vocalist with Rangakormee Group.
- Worked as a Vocalist with Roopnagar Group.
- Regular perfomer at YuvaBani.
- Performed in T.V. Serials like Didi No.1, Rani Rashmoni, Raage Anurage, Patal Kumar Gaan Wala, etc.
- Featured in T.V. Chennels like Zee Bangla, Tara TV, Akash8, Concus, Binodan Bangla, Purobi, etc.
- Attended multiple Musical Workshops based on Rabindra Sangeet, Jhumur, Folk Song, etc with EZCC.
- Worked as a Music Teacher at KIDZEE.
- Smt. Jayati Chakravorty (Rabindra Sangeet).
- Smt. Sima Bhattacharya and Smt. Subhra Dey at School Level.
- Sri Agniva Bandhyapadhya, Sri Trishit Chowdhury, Sri Mriganka Sarkar, etc. (Rabindra Sangeet).
- Sri Ajit Halder (Classical Music).
- Sri Abhijit Bose (Folk Song).
- Sri Goutam Ghosal (Bangla Adhunik and Classical).
- 2016: Stood among Top 10 Contestants on Zee Bangla Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Music Challenge.
- 2016: Champion at Indus Talent Hunt.
- 2012: Winner at the Akashvani Rabindra Sangeet Competition.
- 2012: 1st Runner up at Ranchi Youth Festival.
- 2010: Champion at Inter-College Competition in Rabindra Sangeet, Kirtan and Bhajan.
- 2010: 1st Runner up at Inter-College Competition in Bangla Adhunik Gaan.
- 2008: Winner at Paschimbanga Rajya Chhatra Yuva Utsab.